Kheper Games was established in 1995 by Brian L. Pellham in Seattle, WA. The company originally began through the publication of game books. As they grew a loyal customer base they extended their product range in adult games and novelty products. You will find their products have been the inspiration for many couples who are looking to rekindle the flame within their relationship and had been the main attraction for fun at bachelor or bachelorette parties.
As Of October 2003, they have sold over 1 million games and have noted that half of their sales where within 2003! Due to their popularity they have continued to sell over 20 million games. Their products are shipped worldwide through Australia, America, France, Canada, Mexico and more! Their adult lifestyle products are written in 12 languages. Including English, German, Spanish and French
There three main brands include Bride-To-Be, Ladies Night and Romance which are listed below:
- Party: Party is one of their biggest selling ranges. Kheper Games’ party line includes novelty cups, shot glass sets, adult humor party games, drinking games, and pot-themed games.
- Bride-To-Be: Bride-To-Be is a range of products which include bride-to-be sashes, card games, novelty penis products, tiaras, bachelorette party games, voodoo dolls, drinking straws, cock tail stirrers and more. If you are having a bachelorette party this range will have you covered.
- Ladies Night: Ladies Night brings to you a range of games which will bring a group of friends together to have some fun! The range includes ladies night game, personal questions, topic sticks, card game and drink or dare dice.
- Romance: Romance is a range of board games and card games which inspire people within relationships or people attending sex parties. A roll of the dice or a pickup of a card is all it takes to instantly change your relationship whilst giving you a reason to try something new which you may have never thought about before. It gives you the opportunity to explore each other sexually.
This is a VIP interview with founder Brian L. Pellham which will explore his success in the adult lifestyle industry.
Tell me about yourself, what would you like everyone to know about you?
I grew up on a cow farm in a small town in Oregon. My interest in developing games came from not having much else to do as a child. In middle school I learned that my friends would do ridiculous dares for a tub of gummy bears. Thus began my strong enjoyment of inventing games to entertain and bring people closer together.
What is your favourite quote that inspires you?
Guiltily I love “Hang in there!” as it is cheesy. From the poster with the cat hanging from a branch.
What inspired the creation of your adult lifestyle company?
My love of games. Playing games, inventing games, and writing.
What did you learn from the design process?
That it is as important to convey your product attractively as it is to design it properly with good content. No one will enjoy your game if they are not first motivated to pick it up in a store or view it online. If they like the packaging but not the product, that is even worse.
What is your favourite part of the design process?
Definitely the writing. It is the part of the process that changes from game to game. We pride ourselves on original content, and it brings me great joy to be able to come up with so many interesting questions, challenges and sexual scenarios for our end consumers.
Why did you pick the adult lifestyle industry as one of your main focuses?
I love the people. I enjoy all of the friendships I have made in our industry and have come to truly rely on many there when I am faced with various challenges both professionally and personally.
What are your favourite memories and moments from working at Kheper Games?
The trade shows and the game test parties where we test party games with our employees.
What do you love most about your brand?
That it sells! That sounds simple, but the overall success of our brand I take great pride in. Doing a good job is shown in our reorders and strong customer feedback.
What are your favourite awards that your company has received?
Ones that feature a best product, like most recently a Best Novelty or Game Product of the Year at Adultex in Australia for our Sex! board game. I would much rather something we’ve created receive an award than to be in that sort of spotlight directly myself.
What are your best sellers?
For romance, it is our line of Sex! games. The Sex! Card game, Sex! Board game, Sex! Dice, and Sex! Scratch Tickets all are top sellers for us in their various categories. Why do they sell well…. “SEX SELLS!” and people enjoy learning new sex positions without having to read a lengthy description. A good picture is worth a 1000 words. To tie back into the favorite quotes section.
What products would you personally recommend for couples looking to spice up their relationship?
It depends on what the couple is looking for. For example, Let’s Fool Around games bring additional players into the mix, our line of red room games help couples experiment with bondage concepts and sex positions. Our Sex! line is all about new sex positions, Fantasy Affairs offers a couple a chance to roleplay, and our seduction kits offer creative ideas on how to explore bondage concepts, fetish play, and erotic massage.
What are your favourite adult novelty products that you would recommend for bachelor or bachelorette parties?
- Something for the bride or groom-to-be to wear. Perhaps a “Get Me Drunk” sash, or a Pecker or Boob Inspector Badge.
- Something to share, like Stripper Straws, that have male or female stripper figures on the straw. Each guest can have one.
- A game. It could be Where’s Dildo? a photo scavenger hunt game, or one of our drinking games like What the F*ck? I Never Have. People want to laugh and have a good time at any party. Where everyone feels included, it makes for the best time.
What are the most memorable quotes that you have heard about your product range?
There is not one quote, but moreso the people’s reactions. “You Have an Awesome Job.” or “I played your game at a party”, etc. People more readily talk about fun with our party items, but when we get a good compliment on a sex game, we know it has improved someone’s personal relationship.
Start shopping the Kheper Game Range.
Sexpert is our resident full time sex blogger. Having successfully owned and managed a number of blogs relating to women’s lifestyle, she easily blended into her role as chief blogger of the Adultsmart Blog. She is in a long term relationship with her boyfriend. She also runs Good Girl Guide, a sexual lifestyle blog.