Designed solely for anal stimulation, anal vibrators are much smaller and slimmer than their vaginal counterparts. You can recognize one by their overall shape and size, as they measure about four to six inches in length and about one inch in diameter. Many come with a flared base and may feature ribbing, beading, or curved designs to enhance pleasure. Many of the latest models include stimulation modes for rotation, vibration, and pulsation. The speed of each mode can be adjusted, so you can start off slow and then ramp it up to match what your body needs.
Which Type Do I Need?
As a beginner, we recommend that you try exploring your anal area with your fingers first. This will give you some time to get used to the intense sensations that this kind of stimulation creates. Once you’ve done this, it’s time to move on to vibrating anal probes, which is the first type available.
- Vibrating Anal Probes: these are a fantastic option for beginners due to their size. Similar to the length of a finger, these are smaller than butt plugs or vibrating beads, but still offer the vibrating features that please. Their narrow build is easier to maneuver, allowing beginners to slide the anal vibrator effortlessly.
- Vibrating Butt Plugs: while anal probes are a ton of fun solo or with a partner, they require quite a bit of attention and manual use. If you’re looking for a toy that can be left inside to vibrate, while you divert your attention onto other acts of pleasure, a vibrating butt plug is the perfect fit. These are to be left inside to vibrate, while you fulfill your other fantasies. Perfect for roleplay or for individuals who enjoy multiple points of sensation. These are often made out of silicone, TPR or glass and can come with fun designs.
- Vibrating Beads/Balls: this type of anal vibrator will look like it has a string of balls or beads fastened along its length. They come with a retrievable cord or hoop that allows one to insert and pull as desired. These come with various vibration modes, speeds, and sizes. However, it is only recommended that you purchase larger beaded/balled anal vibrators once you’ve become a master at other anal sex toys, as these can be a little more difficult to use.
How Anal Play Has Become Popular & What Are Its Benefits?
In the past few decades, the laws and religious perspectives surrounding gender, sexuality, and anal sex have changed drastically. So much so, that the acceptance of this type of sexual pleasure is becoming more normalized for women and for men. Actually, most guys don’t realize that getting a prostate massage during sex can give them the most intense kind of orgasms. As a result, the stigma and taboo-nature of anal sex is fading away as more men, women, and non-binary individuals choose to seek out new ways of exploring their sexuality and desires.
The Benefits of Anal Vibrators
- The pleasure you experience from anal play is unlike any you’ve had before. Yes, traditional orgasms can be mind-blowing, but anal orgasms can leave you feeling on top of the world. This is because your backdoor is filled with hundreds of sensitive nerve endings that feel fantastic when stimulated.
- They are extremely safe for all kinds of anal play. No matter what your sexual orientation, gender, or kinks are, anal vibrators can fit in no matter what you desire. They are versatile and can be worn during vaginal penetration, worn out in public, worn during submissive play, and used to massage the prostate gland in men for earth-shattering male orgasms.
- They can be used to stretch you out. Looking to prime yourself for bigger things and more adventurous experiences? Anal vibrators can be used as a way to work yourself up to take on your partner or bigger toys.
- Anal vibrators can indirectly stimulate the G-spot. If you find that direct stimulation on your G-spot is a bit too much, anal vibrators can combine the pleasurable sensations of anal play with a less intesense stimulation of the G-spot, all at once. Plus, if you’re using a butt plug, male partners will be able to feel the subtle pressure the plug puts against the penis during vaginal penetration – adding a whole new element of fun.
- They let individuals explore various fantasies and kinks without the fear of pregnancy.
If you’re planning on jumping into the wonderful world of anal vibrators, make sure to grab yourself plenty of lube to protect yourself from injury and to make it a pleasurable experience. Also remember to always build up slowly, use the tip of the vibrator at first, and always clean the vibrator correctly after use!
Adultsmart welcomes Guest Bloggers to submit 800 word articles with original content about topics relating to sexual lifestyle, health and wellness. If you would like to participate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas or an article that you wish to submit. If you publish multiple articles on Adultsmart’s Blog you will become an Adultsmart Expert.